The drive to work


I am horrible and I keep forgetting to take pictures.
My first day was very uneventful...which is probably a good thing. I'm not sure if its a cultural thing or not, but all of the locals in the Finance team seem to be scared of me. I work with 3 other Expats from Quebec, and about 20 locals. There is definetly a division of class and its a bit odd to have somoene running around for me.
I went for lunch today with one of the expatriates. He is very nice. I ordered something horrifically disgusting and he was gracious enough to switch me. His fish was delicious...and he said the thing that I ordered was good to him. I thought it tasted worse than puke...and I should know since I just got sick a few days ago. It was a very nice restaurant and I hope to go back there.
I'm so annoyed at Skype. I can't seem to get an outgoing line and I could really use somoene to talk to. I have my neighbour who is really, really nice, but I kind of would like someone that knew me from before. My neighbour leaves Sept 5th, and I have a full two weeks without her. I'm a bit aprehensive how that will go, because I really enjoy coming home and chatting randomly with her. She is a very nice lady (I'm serious - I think I have heard some bad things about her but she has been awesome) (and not just because she shares her wine with me).

My driver's name is Danny. He has offered many times to give me the tour of Tamatave, but I think I'll hold off just a bit...

It does really help being a girl here. But it also calls a lot more attention. Its a bit of a catch 22 or whatever that expression is. I guess I don't have a lot to say, so I'll leave you with some non-eventful pictures of my drive to work...
*pics to come, i'm having a horrible time with the internet tonight*

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole,
    It's so nice to talk to you and actually hear your voice. Take lots of pictures so we can share your journey. Love G and G

    ReplyDelete